- Full HD Resolution
- 24Hr Parkmode Protection
- Real Time Alerts
- Inbuilt WiFi & GPS Logger
- Advanced Driver Safety Features
Receive on-screen warnings to a maximum of 500 metres of the following:
- Fixed Speed Cameras
- Red Light Cameras
- School Zone Speed Alerts
- Accident Blackspots
- Railway Crossings
Software & Manual Download
Frequently Asked Questions
Please update your DVR with the latest firmware, which will automatically save 30% of the SD Card memory for locked files, triggered by G sensor, which helps the DVR to continue loop record in the remaining 70 %
Over recent years, the Australian & New Zealand population have developed a concern for the safety and security of their vehicles on and off the road. Consumers are realising that In Car Digital Video Recorders (DVR) are a tool which can be used to satisfy these concerns. Having an In Car Digital Video Recorder installed in your vehicle means that incidents on the road are recorded on your DVR via the built in camera for future reference and are a great source of proof for insurance companies when an incident is in dispute.
A crash-cam is a mounted camera on the inside of the car windscreen which is able to automatically detect any sudden changes in car movement through its G-Sensor, such as when an accident occurs. Crash-cams and DVR’s are typically combined in the one unit.
There are several advantages to having an In Car Digital Video Recorder operational in your vehicle. Unquestionably the most prominent benefit for customers is the ability to limit their liability in insurance disputes. In-Car Digital Video Recorder footage may be tendered as evidence to deny liability for the innocent party in a car accident. Disputes arising concerning which party is at fault can be circumvented through the use of In-Car Digital Video Recorders.
Yes, In-Car Digital Video Recorders are legal in all states of Australia & New Zealand and are highly regarded by insurance companies and the Police as the footage may assist them to take out the guess work from on-road incidents.
All Kapture In-Car Digital Video Recorders are plug & play which means that they come with everything you need to get started. DIY installation is simple; to install a Kapture In-Car Digital Video Recorder simply mount the product to the interior of your vehicle’s windscreen with the supplied mount followed by plugging the unit into the cigarette lighter for power or running from charged battery power.
All Kapture In-Car HD Digital Video Recorders feature Loop Recording. Loop Recording means the camera will automatically delete the oldest dated files to make room for new recordings i.e. the camera may be deleting recorded files from Saturday when you’re driving on Sunday. Essentially, there is no need to empty the SD card when it becomes full. The user can continue to use the camera long term without the unit needing constant attention. The purpose of Loop Recording is that only the most imperative footage is saved for future reference rather than recording non-stop where all the footage recorded may not necessarily be relevant. Video recording is highly memory intensive so Loop Recording is typically used as a method for making the most use of the limited memory space in an In-Car DVR.
When a collision occurs, the Gravity Sensor (G Sensor) can sense sudden movements and according to the G Sensor sensitivity setting, the DVR can automatically determine whether to set the currently recording video to protection mode which will ensure that the video footage from a “sensed” incident is protected from being overwritten by future Loop Recording.
In-Car Digital Video Recorders with Motion Detection will only record when motion is sensed and will automatically switch off when the camera is dormant. This feature is particularly valuable when incidents occur without warning.
Having the additional benefit of a GPS logger on your In-Car Digital Video Recorder means that any incident recorded will also have an additional layer of information recording the path, location, speed and details which uses Google Maps to replay the footage on your computer.
All Kapture DVR’s are powered via a USB port that is inserted into the charger in your car cigarette lighter charging port. Once you start your vehicle’s engine the In Car Digital Video Recorder will automatically power. Kapture DVR’s also feature a rechargeable batteries for short term cord free use.
All Kapture In Car Digital Video Recorders will enable you to record both Video and Still images on the camera.
All Kapture Digital Video Recorders will record audio whilst recording video. However if you would like to turn audio recording off you are able to do so via the camera’s Menu.